As we age, our skin loses volume and elasticity, leading to the formation of wrinkles and lines. Dermal fillers can help to restore a youthful appearance by adding volume to the face and reducing wrinkles. At Primas Medispa, we offer a variety of dermal fillers to meet your individual needs and goals. Whether you are looking to plump up your lips, smooth out your cheeks, or eliminate wrinkles around your eyes, we have a filler that is right for you.
We believe in empowering you to make informed decisions about your aesthetic journey. That’s why we’ve created this comprehensive guide to dermal fillers, addressing your most common questions and concerns. Let’s shed light on this popular treatment, helping you decide if it’s the right choice for your desired look.
What are dermal fillers?
Imagine lifting wrinkles, restoring lost volume, and enhancing facial features – all without surgery. Dermal fillers make this magic happen! They are injectable substances, primarily composed of hyaluronic acid (a naturally occurring molecule in your skin), designed to add fullness and definition to targeted areas.
What areas can filler be used on?
- Nasolabial folds
What is the process like?
The process for dermal fillers is usually as follows:
- Consultation: You will first have a consultation with our doctors to discuss your goals and make sure you are a good candidate for the procedure.
- Injection: The filler will be injected into the desired areas using a thin needle.
- Recovery: There is usually little to no downtime after dermal fillers. You may experience some bruising, swelling, or redness, but this should resolve within a few days.
What are the things to consider before and after getting dermal fillers?
- Consult with our expert doctors to discuss your goals and make sure you are a good candidate for the procedure.
- Ask about the risks and side effects of dermal fillers, such as bruising, swelling, and infection.
- Avoid taking aspirin or ibuprofen for a week before your appointment, as this can increase your risk of bleeding.
- Apply ice packs to the treated area to reduce swelling.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours.
- Do not massage the treated area.
- Avoid sun exposure for a few days.
How long do dermal fillers last?
The longevity varies depending on the specific filler type, treatment area, and your individual body chemistry. Most fillers offer impressive results lasting between 6-18 months.
Dermal fillers are a safe and effective way to achieve a more youthful appearance. If you are considering dermal fillers, contact Primas Medispa today to schedule a consultation. Our experienced providers will help you choose the right filler for you and achieve your desired results. We look forward to helping you look and feel your best!