Do you have dry, itchy and red skin patches? You could be in the 1-2% of adults that are affected by eczema. October is Eczema Awareness Month and we’re ready at Primas Medispa to help you find solutions for your skin concerns. When you find the right skincare routine, you’ll protect your skin without causing further irritation and enjoy healthier feeling and looking skin.
COMMON ECZEMA TRIGGERS:
- Allergens: this may include dandruff, pollens, molds, pets and even house dust mites.
- Clothing: fabrics can cause skin inflammation and irritation which flares up eczema.
- Stress: stress really takes its toll on our body and it can even flare up eczema.
- Temperature: temperatures that are too cold or too hot can be an eczema trigger so be aware of this as we head into the winter months.
THE TREATMENT OF ECZEMA
Whilst there is no cure for eczema, there are ways to treat and maintain this condition.
1. Do what you can to avoid having an eczema flare up by being aware of what triggers yours.
2. Treat the symptoms of eczema.
3. Strengthen the skin barrier and protect it as well as possible with good skincare.
BOOK IN FOR PROFHILO WITH PRIMAS
Injectable moisturisers are a fantastic option for people suffering from dry eczema skin as this improves the skin’s hydration as well as the texture of the skin. An example of this is Profhilo and we offer this at Primas Medispa. This treatment will introduce hyaluronic acid into the dermis which keeps the skin moist and hydrated. Not only is it beneficial for those suffering from eczema, but it brightens your skin too.
Eczema can affect all areas of the body and that’s why Profhilo is such an effective treatment. It can also be injected into the skin of the neck and hands to improve the skin hydration in these areas. Eczema can be a cause of premature ageing and Profhilo has an effect of reversing the signs of ageing in your skin. It’s a win-win treatment!
The hyaluronic acid used in this treatment breaks down over time so we recommend booking in for treatments every 3-4 months but it is possible to book in monthly if there is a need for this.